Always practice safe riding while on your ebike. Here are a few tips to help ensure your safety when riding:
- Always obey the applicable road laws in your area. Contact the road traffic authority in your area for more information regarding cycling road laws.
- Ride predictably in a straight line while on the road with the flow of traffic.
- Ride defensively. Understand that cyclist can sometimes be harder to see.
- Stay vigilant and expect the unexpected such as opening car doors or cars backing out of driveways.
- Be careful when crossing an intersection and look both ways before crossing.
- Wear proper riding clothes including closed-toe shoes. Loose fitting pants can sometimes get caught in the chain or gears so secure the bottom using leg clips or elastic bands.
- Do not use items that can restrict your hearing such as headphones and other listening devices.
- When braking, apply the rear brake first, then the front brake to prevent any locking and loss of control.
- Maintain a comfortable stopping distance from objects, riders and vehicles. Safe braking distances are based on several factors such as road surface conditions, visibility conditions and other variables.